Working Landscape Action Plan
Investing in our Farm and Forest Future is the final report of the Vermont Working Landscape Partnership. It offers five recommendations to help reinvigorate the state’s rural economy:
• Build a major campaign to celebrate the distinctiveness of the working landscape that is Vermont.
• Target strategic investment through a Vermont Agriculture and Forest Products Development Fund.
• Designate and support “Working Lands.”
• Develop tax revenue to support working landscape enterprise development and conservation.
• Create a State Planning Office and activate the Development Cabinet.
The Vermont Council on Rural Development (VCRD) launched this broad-based partnership as a way to focus efforts to keep our farm and forest economy healthy and prosperous. Click HERE to read it online. For a print copy of the report, please contact VCRD at 802 223-6091 or info[at]vtrural.org.